Historic Langhorne Association
Built in 1888, this Gothic-style Victorian Library located on
the southeast corner of West Maple and Hill Aves., was made
possible due to a bequest by Anna Mary Williamson. Her generosity enabled the
books of the town's library to be brought from private homes to one location.
The brick rosettes, ornamental work and extravagant spending on electricity were
included to meet the stipulation that all $12,000 be spent on construction! In
1977, the Library branch moved to its current location the Pennwood Library and
the Historic Langhorne Association had its "new" headquarters. Open to
the public as a museum and research library, HLA maintains a shop that sells
maps, pictures, books, ornaments and other gift items reflecting Langhorne's
Historic Langhorne Association, 160 W. Maple Ave.
Langhorne, Pa. 19047 Phone 215-757-1888